Friday, December 18, 2009

Our Christmas Tree, decorations, and family traditions!

I can't believe that Christmas is only five days away! I have been meaning to post this for a while, but I guess with this time of year, time just got away from me! I love decorating for Christmas! This has got to be my most favorite time of year. Our stockings are hung but the chimney with care, and our halls have been decked! We started a new tradition this year, the Elf on a Shelf. I am sure many of you know what this is, but basically it is a little Elf that is Santa's helper and he watches the kiddos and reports back to Santa whether they are on the naughty or nice list. I know that Gage is a little young for it this year, but I can't wait for many years to come, to get our Elf on a Shelf out. (To find out more about this, here is the link http://www.elfontheshelf.com/#/home )
This is going to be a busy Christmas for us! We are heading to Houston the day after Christmas, to celebrate the holidays with all FOUR families and to also celebrate Gage's first birthday. We already had a party here at our house, but there will be two more for him down in Houston, so I am going to wait and post all the pics in one post. So for now, enjoy the pics of our decorations and I hope everyone has a nice relaxing Christmas break. Congrats, to all my teacher friends! You made it! I know you all deserve a much needed break this time of year!
















3 comments:

  1. Ooooo I love your decorations! Your tree is so pretty:) How much fun will Gage have with so many birthday parties!!! Happy Birthday Gage! Next time you're in Houston (other than the busy holidays) we should have a playdate since Gage and Avery are so close in age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stockings! Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott Hansberger here. I live in Chicago and would guess we are related somehow. I enjoyed the blog and thought I connect to see if we could figure out how we are related.

    ReplyDelete