Friday, July 10, 2009

Gage's First Sleep Over!

On Wednesday, Gage and I made a very impulsive decision to drive to Dallas for a quick over night stay with the Schmidt's. My best friend Sarah and her mom were driving down to stay with Adam, Vickie and the two girls and I had yet to meet those two precious twins-so now was my chance. We hopped in the car around 12:30 on Wednesday and after only about five minutes Gage was sound asleep. I thought this would be a great time to go so Gage could take his nap in the car. Well he slept for about thirty minutes of the ride and cried for another two hours. It was the longest drive of my life. We FINALLY arrived in Dallas after a very stressful car ride, unloaded and visited with Sarah and Pegs before the girls got home. They are two very beautiful girls with such great dispositions. I forgot what it was like to have a baby that small. Even though it was only a few months ago-they just grow up so fast. We had a nice dinner with the grown ups after all babies were put to sleep and did a little visiting before we turned in ourselves.

Thursday morning we were up and at em early. We had some more baby time, and Gage visited with his potential future girlfriends and then it was back on the road. I endured another brutal car ride of screaming (I have decided I will not travel in a car with him any time soon) and we were finally home. We had a great visit with everyone even though it was quick. Thanks to the Schmidt's for having us!!


Maggie, Gage and Ella! (Back off Boys, these girls are mine!)



Having fun in the laundry basket!



Supervising the girls in their swing and bouncy seat!



Three very happy babies! (Ella, Gage, and Maggie)

1 comment:

  1. I love those pictures! Gage looks like he is really protecting the girls.

    ReplyDelete