Friday, August 14, 2009

Fun with a Cup

Isn't it completely fitting that little Gage would find a plastic cup more entertaining than all of the more expensive toys from (pick your favorite toy store)? So it's been a long while since I posted and Ashleigh encouraged me to post about the cup - so here I am. This cup was actually a huge accident - it was one of those long days where you're nearly falling asleep at the wheel on the drive home with a massive pounding headache. The days where you daydream about stopping for happy hour, enjoying a margarita loaded with tequila, and then coming home and going right to bed at 8pm....but wait, there's a smell of sweet potatoes and you find yourself in front of a changing table with a diaper loaded full of a digested sweet potatoes and your son laughing at you while he tries his best to get the aforementioned sweet potatoes everywhere. Did I mention that it is orange and stains everything? Back to the day - I was dead tired and got home just hoping that the baby and I could relax while Mom prepared dinner. My form of relaxation came with sitting on the stool with Gage in my lap and spinning this cup. He's at the age where he finds any "new" thing completely interesting so this was something new and interesting for him. As it turns out, he finds it completely hilarious as well. The sound of his laughter and appreciation for something so simple made the rest of my day so much more enjoyable....I still had a few drinks later! Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Ash! OMG I just laughed so hard watching that video. You must be so in love with you little man! That giggle is precious! I am sorry I haven't called you...I promise I will Monday. I need all of your graceful mommy advice! You seem to have everything mastered so perfectly! Talk to you SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just died laughing when I heard you say "Bye for now" at the end of the video...Oh George!! haha!! G is sooo funny - and his laugh is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so cute! Sage has just started to laugh a little. Isn't it the greatest sound ever?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's seriously the little things in life, right? :)

    ReplyDelete