Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Day of Many Firsts

So lately I've had the itch to blog and I told Ashleigh the only way that I would blog is if I could write what I wanted to write without her editing my post so...here we go. Here's how the day started out - daylight savings is a pain in the rear! Last night was one night where I could have used the extra hour and it didn't happen this morning. So rather than sleeping in, we got up and experienced our first family church outing. I think it went pretty well overall - Gage was asleep when we got there, continued to sleep during the music, and then woke up when the rest of the church was completely silent. So for the first time - we were "that" couple with the baby making all kinds of noises in complete silence. He wasn't screaming so it could have been worse but it was definitely an interesting feeling. The message was great today too, it was about marriage and vows and putting the Lord first and your spouse second. Those messages are always beneficial.

After church, we had a brief outing to Wal-mart where we picked up some essentials for the week. As long as Gage is moving in any type of vehicle (i.e. - a grocery cart), he's happy so the Wal-mart trip was (thankfully) uneventful. I forgot to mention that today was one of the first days in a while that we had nice Spring weather on a weekend AND the wind wasn't blowing 45 mph. That being said, we decided to put on some spring/summer clothing and be productive in the yard. This is where Gage had a couple of firsts - his first time to wear sunglasses which he fought initially but then quickly loved and his first time on the riding lawnmower with daddy! I don't think he knew he was on a lawnmower but that's beside the point. NOTE: Ashleigh is wanting everyone to know that Gage was not actually riding on the mower - we simply used it for the picture. We're good safe parents - promise.

I was out in the yard when Gage experienced his other "first" but Ashleigh gave me the play-by-play from the backdoor. He rolled over for the first time! Not completely over, but from his back to his side. We're still kind of debating whether we're going to count it as the "first" time he rolled over but since we're blogging about it being his first, that debate seems to be over.

Okay, I'm beginning to feel like I'm writing a novel so I'm going to stop...more Daddy posts to come!


You wouldn't know it was spring except for the buds on the tree

Gage on the lawnmower that isn't moving - yes, I really wear that hat in the yard.

Gage working it - look out ladies!

The lady in Gage's life for now (non-riding lawnmower in background)

The half-roll (back to side)

He must have gotten tired - almost there! (Yes, he's missing a sock)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Daniel!! Love your re-cap of Sunday. You're a natural at this blog thing ;)

    ReplyDelete