Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Calling all Moms! HELP!

OK, I need some ideas. My child hates the car seat. All of a sudden one day, he just realized he doesn't like the car seat. Running errands is so hard because he literally screams for probably 15 minutes in the car until he eventually cries himself to sleep. I have bought the fun mirror with music and lights, he has toys on the bar of his car seat. I don't know what else to do. I sometimes dread getting in the car because I know within minutes he will be crying. He is fine once we reach our destination and I get him out of the car and into the stroller (still in his car seat) where he can see me. I need help because the scream till I fall asleep thing, is so hard when your driving and there is nothing you can do. Is this a phase, did anyone elses child go through this? HELP!!!

4 comments:

  1. yes this is a phase and there are no special toys or gadgets to get him to stop. He'll eventually get over it.. my advice, turn the radio up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jetty had a phase of it too - praise music to keep you calm . . . and maybe distract. gotta love the phases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes!!!! sophie was the same way! i mean, screaming at the top of her lungs. you would have thought someone was ripping her toenails off, or something! she just outgrew it... nothing else worked. sorry i don't have a better answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been lucky that joshua hasn't gone through this phase, but i agree w/everyone that it IS a phase (like almost all of their behaviors!). you could try some different music and sing along. if you listened to any music while you were pregnant, pop that in there. also, some babies just like the static on the radio! it reminds them of the womb. good luck, and chris and i are so happy for you and daniel! :)

    diane martin

    ReplyDelete