Friday, April 24, 2009

Lost a husband, gained some visitors!!

Geeze! It seems like I have been absent from the blogging world for a while- a week and a half is a while. That week and a half has been non stop action. First off, I have been a single parent for that time- which sucks and I have great admiration for single parents all over the world. Daniel left last Friday to go to Houston for the MS-150. He drove down 8 hours in a van with a bunch of guys and bikes, got there around 2:30 and found out about three hours later that the ride had been cancelled due to all the rain in Houston. Needless to say, he was quite upset he had driven that far for nothing and I was quite upset that I had to spend the weekend without him.

Everything seemed to work out ok, because he drove back with my mom on Sunday, who was coming up to visit and help out while Daniel left for work related stuff on Tuesday.
Daniel was scheduled to be gone from Tuesday until Friday. Mom and I did lots of hanging out, shopping, cooking, playing with Gage and most of all working in my yard. My mom is an amazing gardener with a major green thumb and she always comes every spring to help me with my flower beds. We did some serious flower bed overhaul. (I haven't taken pictures of it yet- to come very soon.)

Then, Mom had to leave on Thursday morning very early. Gage and I went to Gymboree, which was lots of fun, and then my youngest sister Danielle, came up from Baylor to see us Thursday afternoon. Danielle and I just hung out Thursday night and caught up on the DVR shows, and tonight we took her out to dinner for a little belated Birthday dinner. (More pictures of her visit to follow, after she leaves on Sunday.)

Gigi and Gage playing after he just woke up!

Yes he is wearing a Texas Tech onesie. My sister, Carleigh goes there, and bought this for him. I had to put it on him while my husband was out of town.



Asleep in the car while holding on to Gigi's hand.

I didn't want his little head to get burned while we were outside planting, so I put my hat on him.


Gigi working on the pots for each side of my garage.


Gage chillin in his swing while we plant the flowers.


Reading the "Belly Button Book" with Gigi!


Hanging out in the bouncy seat while we are cooking dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I'm sure it was great spending time with your mom! I can't imagine living 8 hours away from mine. Can't wait to see the pictures of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too cant wait to see the pics of the new flowers. Gardening really is so much fun! Gage loos like he is getting so big. Before you know it he will be crawling everywhere!

    ReplyDelete