Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!

Okay okay...Ashleigh convinced me to write the Easter blog and I'm glad to do it. I'm glad to do it because I have a bone to pick with this whole blog thing. You'll catch my drift with some of the pictures below. For those of you who know us, you know that we had a child three months, two weeks, and a day ago (this little thing on the blog is telling me that's how long it's been). It's been incredibly hectic dealing with the brand new boy - he's absolutely amazing but he definitely keeps us busy. However, little did I know that we actually had another child right after Gage was born!! How is this possible you say? Sometimes I think this DANG blog actually keeps us busier than Gage does - take the picture below for example. If you didn't know that this picture was taken last Sunday, you might think that this is a picture right out of the 1980's where the camera always happens to catch the guy without his shirt on. If I had a mustache, you couldn't convince ME that it wasn't out of the 80's. It was taken this past Easter Sunday and I was awake for all of 17 seconds when Ashleigh starts throwing Easter baskets, easter eggs, and Rocky the Lobster at our three month old and it's ALL for what? It's ALL for this, for all of you, for the sweet and oh-so-critical blog.........REALLY? (Ashleigh is over my shoulder laughing, and says its not all for the blog. Its about capturing memories of our childs first Easter.)
Now that I've got that off my chest, this past Sunday was a spectacular day to celebrate and reflect on the resurrection of our lord and savior, Jesus Christ. It was an overcast day but it was appropriate considering all of the fires that have been burning in Oklahoma. It was yet another chance for Ashleigh and I to be thankful for the many blessings in our life such as Gage, Rocky the Lobster, and you fine readers of this blog. We love you all and hope you had a great Easter! The short and skinny of the day was church in the morning and The Masters in the afternoon. The pictures below really tell the story...
Who's the dude with his shirt off? Gage is pumped about his Easter goodies

This dude and the dude above are NOT the same dude - one is dressed


Church!!

Gage and his new chair!

I forgot to mention the "Lamb of God" outfit!


Gage gets tired of flashes too! Gimme that camera!

More blessings - Easter gifts and baskets

Easter goodies from Gigi!

This is what 8 grandparents, a set of great grandparents, and the Easter Bunny gets you for Easter.

See above comment

How to become an "Egg Hunt Champ" at 3 months - have Mom and Dad hunt for you

The momma Bunny and her little man

A close-up of the lamb - I almost didn't let him wear this

More loot - one of his favorite toys from Grampie and Bebe

Daddy bunny and the little man watching Kenny Perry blow it during the Masters!

1 of the 3 things Gage does for me: Sleep (Love his lamb tail)

2 of 3: Poop 3 of 3: Spit up
What a fun day! Time to catch some ZZZZZs!

4 comments: