Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day, Happy Birthday, and Happy Baby Dedication Day!

This Sunday was a day of many celebrations. It was my first Mother's Day, Daniel's 27th Birthday (yes he is a young one) and Gage's Baby Dedication. I had an absolutely wonderful Mother's day, thanks to my amazing husband. We got up early had a little coffee and breakfast, and then headed off to church for Gage's Dedication. He did amazing, didn't cry one bit and the minister who prayed with us, said such a heartfelt prayer that put me in tears. It is awesome to think about just how good God is. God carefully designs each baby with such detail, and the little details are what make everyone so unique. I am so blessed to call Gage my son!!

After the baby dedication, we headed out to lunch with some friends of ours (Travis and Olivia) that live in our neighborhood as well as attend the same church. We had a nice Mother's Day/Birthday brunch but had to cut it kinda short because Gage had not had a nap and was getting pretty fussy!
We came home, put him down for a nap and then opened a few cards and presents. Gage and I set up a little scavenger hunt for Daddy to find some of his B-Day presents. Daniel's big present came about a week early. We (Gage and I) as well as my Dad and Becky, got him a garage fridge which he has wanted for a while to store some cold beverages. (Not just water!) But we managed to throw in a few other surprises to go along with it. Happy Birthday Daniel!!

Overall it was an awesome Mother's Day, and I can't wait to spend the rest of the day, relaxing and being lazy with my Hubby and son and wearing some of the new comfy lounge wear that I got for Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mom's out there.











1 comment:

  1. WOW! This was a special, special day!!! Dedication, Mother's Day AND a Birthday. What a blessing to celebrate all 3.

    ReplyDelete