Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our Anniversary!

On June 10th, we celebrated our third wedding anniversary. It was that day, three years ago that I married the man of my dreams.
Our Anniversary happened to fall on a Wednesday and during one of the busiest weeks for Daniel at work. We decided that we were going to wait until the weekend to go out to dinner, and celebrate our special day. SOOO... little did I know that my wonderful hubby had something up his sleeve. He told me Saturday morning that he had to go run some errands. Now, when husbands run errands and won't tell you for what, you know that something is going on. I was so shocked when he came in the door. He first unloaded two grocery bags full of food. At first I thought he was being nice and went grocery shopping so I didn't have to, but then quickly realized that these were not groceries that we needed. He proceeded to tell me that instead of going out tonight for dinner, that he was going to make dinner. WHAT... my jaw dropped to the floor. Now, let me tell you in the three years that I have been married to this man, I can count on one hand the number of times that he has cooked for me. (Besides frozen pizza, which doesn't count.) Daniel is amazing at so many things, but cooking is not one of his strong suits. So needless to say I was very eager to see what he would be cooking.
He then went back out to his car, and came back with a beautiful arrangement of flowers. They were gorgeous!! "WOW, he has really out done himself" I'm thinking! But don't you worry, it gets better.
He made this amazing Italian meal. He made his own red sauce, which he chopped up lots of onions and garlic for. (It was killing me sitting on the bar watching him chop so slow. The woman in me wanted to offer to help, but I refrained and let him do it. He said "This is my operation. Sit back and relax." So I did!) He also made turkey meatballs with lots of herbs and spices on top of whole wheat pasta. It was the best meal he has ever cooked for sure!! And it was really nice to have someone else cook it. Dinner was accompanied by some nice champagne and even dessert. He picked up these cookies from one of my favorite bakeries. They are chocolate and peanut butter. (Heaven in a cookie!!) But don't you worry he had one more surprise for me....
Have no fear that in two weeks, I will be blogging from my own new RED LAPTOP. He got me a new laptop so that I can sit in the living room on the couch and be on the computer. This way, I won't have to spend so much time in the office. I can get on my computer in the living room, while visiting with him. (I think he also got it so he can get on the computer in the office at the same time.)
Thanks Daniel, for all you did to make this Anniversary so special. I love you with all my heart and can't wait for many more years!!

That was then..... (Sorry the picture is so bad. All of the wedding pics are downloaded on my old computer which is up in the storage closet. Had to scan one.)




And this is now!! (Had to set the timer on my camera. Cut off our head a little.)





The beautiful flowers!!






Some of his ingredients.


Making those delicous turkey meatballs.

Chopping onions and garlic.


Chapagne in our heart glasses. (Did anyone else get these from Crate and Barrel when they registered? We had never used them, but thought no time was better than now!)



The finished product! It was wonderful.



My favorite peanut butter/chocolate cookies





No comments:

Post a Comment