Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Recent trip to Houston

Last week Gage and I flew from Oklahoma City to Houston for a little visit. We said good bye to Daddy for the week and boarded the tiny Continental express jet for our hour and fifteen minute flight. It was my first time flying with him by myself. He did amazingly well! I feed him as we were taking off, and he feel asleep on both flights.

We had awesome visits with so many family and friends in our five days there. My mom picked us up from the airport on Monday and we spent Monday and Tuesday night with Gigi and Pops. Tuesday Gage had his six month pictures taken and we had dinner with Sarah, Peggy, my Mom, and I and Gage. Then it was off to the hair salon for me and Gigi and Pops had babysitting duty.

Then Wednesday morning we had breakfast with Daniel's mom (Mia as Gage will call her). After his morning nap, we headed to BJ's for lunch with my aunt Christy and her children, my sisters, and my stepmom (Bebe as Gage will call her.) We then went over to Grampie and Bebe's house where we planned to spend the next two nights. Gage got to meet Becky's parents, his Great Grandparents, for the first time. Great Grandma and Papa were so excited to meet him.Wednesday afternoon when Gage woke up from his afternoon nap, Jessica and her son Colt, and Keri and her son Sage came over for a quick visit. It was the boys first official playdate with all three of them. And if that wasn't enough to pack all into one day, Gage went swimming for the first time and loved it. Needless today, he slept great that night.

Thursday morning, we were up bright and early to have breakfast with Daniel's Dad and stepmom. (Grandpa and Grandma as Gage will call them.) We had a quick but nice visit with them, and then it was off to swim again. Gage loved being in the water! Look out Michael Phelps!

Friday morning, we headed back to OKC. The flight home was great, because the seat next to Gage and I was empty, so we got to spread out. After Gage ate, he fell asleep on my shoulder and I took full advantage of that open seat next to us. Gage slept the whole flight on the seat. It was wonderful!!

Overall, we had a very busy but great trip to Houston, and we can't wait to come back and visit everyone again soon. Thanks to all the grandparents for your help throughout the week. We miss you bunches! Below are some pictures of our trip. I'm not going to write captions because I basically summed it all up above. (Sorry Gigi and Pops that there are no pics with you guys. Guess we were having lots of fun and forgot to take pictures. Next time I promise I will do better.)














1 comment: